MiniPA 70 build, almost there.

A quick update, I needed a heatsink so I found one from an old PC which is more than adequate, weighing in at almost 650 grammes I reckon it should be able to handle the heat.

Problem though, it's not flat.
Which makes it kind of difficult to mount the board.

Now, I could use some standoffs, PCB pillars cut to length but I'm a little light on machine tools to make an accurate job of it and it'd annoy me that it was 'wobbly'.

As it happens, I recently bought myself a new toy.

A Flashforge 3D printer so this seemed an ideal opportunity to learn to use a CAD program and find out how dimensionally accurate the printer is.
It turns out, it's pretty good. And the PLA takes a thread really nicely.
So, my Mini PA board now has mounts, I just need to drill and tap some holes in the heatsink.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Free GPS and a Merry Christmas

Replacing the Teensy 3.2 with 4.0 in the GQRP SCD Sudden Digital VFO